Friday, January 5, 2018

Book Challenge by Erin 8.0
Uhm...so although I did register for Erin's Book Challenge 4.0
I did not complete reading the 10 books I had selected. 
But...that doesn't mean I can't try again, does it? :) Of course I can!
So here goes!

The current challenge begins at 12AM on January 1, 2018 and 
runs through 11:59PM on April 30, 2018!

There is also a 24in48Readathon scheduled for January 27-28, 2018!
Bonus! Perhaps that will help me read all 10 of these books!

RULES:
(1) Each book must be at least 200 pages long.
(2) Audio books count.
(3) Books can be read in any order of your choice.
(4) A reread can only be used once.
(5) There will be a photo album for each category with links to the books chosen. 
Comment on each photo for each of your books when you have read them.
(I will plan to link to my review.)

There are 10 categories:



(1) FREEBIE--Read any book that is at least 200 pages long.
(5 points)
The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden

I am already scheduled to read this 
for a book club discussion in January! 




(2) Read a book that starts with "L." (10 points)
Life's Work: A Moral Argument for Choice by Willie Parker, Lisa Miller

My own pediatrician, for whom I had the utmost respect 
co-sponsored the Abortion Bill in Indiana way back when. 
I am anxious to read Dr. Parker's take on this issue.



(3) Read a book that has a (mostly) red cover. 
(10 points)
The Blazing World by Siri Hustvedt

I am already scheduled to read this one 
for the next Literary Wives review 
on Monday, February 5th!





(4) Read a book with a character's name in the title. 
(15 points)
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

This was just gifted to me by a friend! Perfect!





(5) Read a book from Book Riot's 100 Must-Read Books with Plot Twists. (20 points)

I was initially undecided
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling),
or The Secret History by Donna Tartt (I loved The Goldfinch!),
or The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton, 
or Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, 
or We Were Liars by E. Lockhart,
or I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak (I loved The Book Thief!), 
or The Cutting Season by Attica Locke (I loved Black Water Rising!), 
or Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (2017 Nobel prize winner), 
or Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee.
I have been wanting to read ALL of these and own almost all of them...
Decisions, decisions!

Okay, okay, I decided! 

Since this one is currently in a pile 
I see at least several times a day,
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling)





(6) Read a book with the words "house" or "home" in the title. (20 points)
by Tsh Oxenreider

I am fascinated since I raised three children. 
How exciting this must have been!! 
And just as challenging!



(7) Read a book by an author whose first and last name 
begin with the same letter. 
(25 points)
loved Little Bee!





(8) Read a book that was originally published 
in a language other than your own. 
(30 points)
Bear Town by Fredrik Backman

I have loved all his books thus far!





(9) Read a book where most of the action occurs 
on a form of transportation. (30 points)
Ship of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter

This will be my one reread. First read it when I was 13... :)
Needless to say, I am sure I will have 
a bit different understanding almost 50 years later!






(10) Read a book with a character who 
suffers from a debilitating physical illness. 
(35 points)
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

I have wanted to read this forever!




Once you have a preliminary list, post that on the Facebook group page asap! 

There are prizes available! 

But mostly, you are to have fun!

DUH!! I will be reading! Of course I will have fun! :)

What are some books you have read and/or might recommend 
for any of these categories?

Happy Reading
--Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment