Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Classics Club Spin #5 Announced!

The Classics Club Spin #5 selected on 
Monday, February 10, is #20!!

 This means I will be reading 
The Stranger by Albert Camus

I admit to feeling a bit intimidated by this title, though I'm not sure why! 




Of course, if I was planning to learn French and read the original version, that would be REALLY intimidating! 
(And I'm certain would require WAY more than 50 days!)
I am not planning to do that, by the way! ;)

           


          This picture might explain part of my hesitation...
       

Here are some of the different covers for this book:






                












However, the one with which I am most familiar 
and I shelved the most while working at Borders 
is this one: 









On Goodreads there are currently 253,859 ratings and 7,234 reviews for an average of 3.91! That's good, right?

It is only 123 pages long. Another plus, right?!?

If all goes according to plan, I will post a review right here by April 2!

Check back to see if I make it!!

Which work of classic literature would you choose to read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment