Monday, January 18, 2016

2016 Cloak and Dagger Reading Challenge

CDChallengebadge2016
Since I have always been a huge fan of mystery/thriller novels,
this is another of the challenges in which I will enlist for 2016!
And since one of 2016 reading goals is to read/reread mystery series,
this is perfect!!
Click here to follow along on my Cloak and Dagger page!

This is being hosted by Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My!
and Barb @ Booker T's Farm

And since I've already read the first six books in Winspear's Maisie Dobbs series, 
plan to finish reading Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter series and Albert's China Bayles series, and plan to reread McCall Smith's #1 Ladies' Detectives and Isabel Dalhousie series, I'm in!!
With that list I am definitely aiming for Special Agent: Lynn!

LEVELS:

                                         Amateur Sleuth              1-10 books

                                               Detective                  11-20 books

                                               Inspector                   21-30 books

                                          Special Agent                 31+ books

Twitter hashtag  #2016CloakDaggerChal

Challenge will run from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016. 
You can register here until April 15, 2016!

** Monthly link-ups for posting reviews will be provided--here is January's!

RULES:


* You can read any book that is form the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres. 
Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.

* You can participate without a blog! You just need a please to post reviews to which you can link: Goodreads, booklikes, LibraryThing, shelfari, a blog, etc.

* Make a goal post and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.

* Books need to be novellas or novels of at least 100 pages in length--no short stories, please!

* Counting these books for other challenges as well works just fine! 
I will include many of mine in some of these other challenges: #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks (I already own most of the above-listed books!), Classics Club, 2016 Southern Literature Reading Challenge.

* There will be a giveaway for participants at both the mid-point and end. 

If you read mysteries or historical fiction mysteries, this might work for you, too!
What other challenges are you participating in this year?

3 comments:

  1. curious to see what you will read for this challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I plan to finish reading Winspear's Maisie Dobbs series, Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter series, then into McCall Smith's #1 Ladies' Detective Agency and Isabel Dalhousie series, and Albert's China Bayles series. :) It will be fun to see how many I read in one year's time! :) I own all but the Rosenfelt series which I've been checking out of the library as I go, so part of my #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks challenge is to allow myself to read these mystery series that I have collected, but straight through in their entirety. I really enjoy that!

      Delete