Sunday, December 2, 2018

Nonfiction November 2018--Week 5!

This event is being cohosted by the following five bloggers: 
Julz of JulzReads

#NonFicNov

Week 5 (November 26-30): New to My TBR
By now, it has been a month full of amazing nonfiction books!
Which ones have made it onto your TBR listing?
(Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book!)

 Forty Autumns by Nina Willner

Ironically, this came from 
Katie @ Doing Dewey's Nonfiction that reads 
like Fiction posting for Week #4.
This sounds absolutely fascinating and 
I'm wondering how I missed it!

 One woman escapes from East to West 
Berlin, eventually settling in the US 
and her daughter becomes 
the first female Army Intelligence Officer 
to lead sensitive intelligence operations in East Berlin at the height of  the Cold War. 
Though only a few miles separated American Nina and her German relatives--grandmother Oma, Aunt Heidi, and cousin Cordula, a member of the East German Olympic training team--a bitter political war kept them apart. I'm already hooked! 

Katherine @ The Writerly Reader listed 
NeuroTribes: 
The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity 
by Steve Silberman as a nonfiction book 
that reads like fiction.

Actually, this has been on my TBR listing for awhile, 
but I have not yet read it!

I must move it up on that listing. This sounds like an amazing book with much to teach me. 



Reese @ Typings listed 
The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass: 
An American Slave Written by Himself
as another nonfiction book that reads like fiction.

This has also been on my TBR listing for awhile,
and is included in my current Classics Club challenge list.


Eva @ The Paperback Princess lists all of Erik Larson's books:
Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania,
In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin
The Devil in the White City: 
Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America
Thunderstruck
Isaac's Storm: A Man, a Time, and the Deadliest Hurricane in History
Lethal Passage: The Story of a Gun
(though published in 1994, just the story of how he began this search is enthralling).

 My conclusion:
I really must start reading Erik Larson!
I just need to increase my nonfiction reading, with particular attention to these books!

What additions to your TBR have been made 
as a result of the Nonfiction November postings?

Happy reading!
--Lynn



1 comment: