Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday for December 18, 2018!


                                              
    Here are previous Smoke & Mirrors Top Ten Tuesday posts.
This meme was created by The Broke and the Bookish and hosted by that site 
until January 2018 when That Artsy Reader Girl took on the hosting duties!

Today's theme is Winter 2018 TBR!

Oh, so many! I currently have 6833 books on my Goodreads "Want to Read" shelf!
Of those, here are some I am most anticipating reading this winter...


Becoming, Michelle Obama's autobiography, 
is a definite read for me 
during this winter. 

She and Barack are 
two people for whom 
I have the utmost respect. 







I also really want to finally read his two books:

Dreams From My Father: 
A Story of Race and Inheritance 
and 
The Audacity of Hope: 
Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream


I just feel the need to remind myself that there will be a return to 
decency, compassion, and intellect among those occupying 
the main leadership positions of this country... Those changes cannot arrive too quickly!

The January 2019 
read for the face-to-face book club 
I facilitate is 
by Nina LaCour. 



And then there is The Dry by Jane Harper for the Second Flight Books Backlist Book Club in January. I have a feeling I will immediately want to follow this with Force of Nature. These are book #1 and #2 in her Aaron Falk series.

But...before any of these 
I am currently finishing 
I have found this to be even more interesting 
and informative than I at first imagined 
it might be. I am enjoying his writing 
as well as the details of his life.
Immediately following that is 

I selected both of these books for Nonfiction November, a reading event 
 cohosted by the following five bloggers: 

And although November has come and gone, I am determined to complete these books before 2019 arrives! (Better late than never!) I have anxiously anticipated reading both of these books for sooooooo long!  :)

Sometime during January, I will read and review 
They Were Sisters by Dorothy Whipple 
for the February 4, 2019, 
Literary Wives review posting. 
This is a Persephone reprint 
so I'll definitely be ordering a copy!
It sounds rather intense!

Also in January I will be 
reading and reviewing 
James Baldwin's Giovanni's Room 
for the Classics Club Spin #19
I was totally enthralled by his book
Go Tell It on the Mountain.

The Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge group 
is hosting a group read of 
The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle 
by Stuart Turton 
for January 2019.
I am intrigued by this book for many reasons. 
It would fulfill quite a few prompts 
for the Popsugar 2019 and ATY 2019 challenges as well.
Both of these challenges are on Goodreads.
 If you're interested, look for them in "groups" on Goodreads.

And then? I have so many more I want to read...
How about you? What is on your Winter 2018 to-read listing?

Happy reading!
--Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment