Sunday, July 24, 2016

24 in 48 Readathon FINAL UPDATE

Here is it is, folks! 
The final update for this weekend's 24 in 48 Readathon!
Here is my 24 in 48 Readathon page!
My conclusion: I may NEVER truly reach that goal of 24 hours of reading over the weekend!
Some weekends I am sure I have come close, but certainly not this one!
(Titles link to blog posts.)





Saturday, July 23: 

I read a total of 128 pages in 2 hours and 48 minutes

Finished Home to Woefield by Susan Juby





Sunday, July 24: 

I read a total of  351 pages in 7 hours and 11 minutes

From Here to Home by Marie Bostwick








So I have read a total of 9 hours and 59 minutes this weekend.
Basically, 10 hours. Not even half of the 24, but it is what time I could spare,
which varies with each weekend.

I would get more reading time in tonight, but really, I must work on blog posts!
I did complete the review for Here to Home! YAY ME! :)

I don't remember where I read about just using my phone to track my time,
it was on someone's blog yesterday--but thank you! 
I found the stopwatch function on the clock to be invaluable!
So very easy, especially when I get up to do something in the house 
for "just a few minutes," and it turns into 30 minutes! :)

But...I was able to sleep in both mornings, for a total of 19 hours of much needed rest! 
Now that I am officially a "sexagenarian," that is even more important!
(And no, that word does not refer to anything "sexual," it means 
I am simply between the ages of 60 and 69 years old!)

Did you participate in 24 in 48 this weekend? 

If so, did you read any books you would recommend?

If not, perhaps next time?
As you can see, there is no actual time requirement, you just read as much as you can.
But I do that every weekend anyway! :)

2 comments:

  1. 24 hours is hard! I didn't get there, either, but it looks like you had a fantastic readathon!

    ReplyDelete