Saturday, July 23, 2016

24 in 48 Readathon UPDATE #1


I had originally decided to only update 

However, this morning, 
I decided to create a posting, 
at least for this first update.
The reason for my change of heart? Well...

When I visited the 24 in 48 Readathon site
as part of our updates. 
Thinking that it would be cool to read
other participants' answers, 
I felt obligated to provide my own! 
So here they are...


1. Where in the world are you reading from this weekend?

I am reading from a little bitty burg located north of Indianapolis, Indiana. 
I am trying to ignore the neighbors across the street who are ALREADY 
(this was before 12NOON) arguing out in the yard. 
They don't just 'argue.' They yell and scream at each other. A real treat. Trust me. 
Thank goodness for all the other neighbors who do NOT do that! :)

2. Have you done the 24in48 Readathon before?

I kinda skirted around the edges of it the last time, but decided to participate more this time!

3. Where did you hear about the readathon, if it is your first?

Honestly, I cannot remember exactly, but I feel sure it was from one of the many blogs 
I visit on a regular (or not-so-regular) basis.

4. What book are you most excited about reading this weekend?

I want to use this time mainly to play catch-up in the Middlemarch #EliotAlong 
Though I am also in desperate need of blogging time...

5. Tell us something about yourself.

I tend to over-commit myself to reading challenges and events. 
(I know...you could never tell, right?) :)
I facilitate a face-to-face book club that has been running for about 6 years now. 
It is amazing how a group of strangers can become such close friends 
and so supportive when initially united by only one shared interest. 
And we are all so different from each other, it makes for great discussion!
I really enjoy participating in the Literary Wives Online Book Discussion group
and am excited to announce a new co-host as of this next review 
of How to be A Good Wife by Emma Chapman on August 1st! 
(I have my fingers crossed that this will not be too creepy for my wussy self!)
I participate in a campus book club where I work which meets every 2-3 months.
I also participate in two Goodreads groups: 
(1) Keep Turning Pages discussion group sponsored 
by Doubleday and Nan A. Talese books, and 
(2) Emma's Book Club, founded by Emma Watson to 
share reading, discussion, and information regarding feminist books.
(I have been amazed at the great books I've already read for these two groups!)
And then the many challenges and reading events listed on my blog. 
I do love to read, but I also adore thinking about what I've read and discussing with others.
I have yet to download Litsy. Just uncertain I can handle yet another app! :)
I am cohosting my first Read-Along event with Bex of An Armchair by the Sea:
Our next book is Little Town on the Prairie and I'm excited 
to think we are finally going to get to know much more about Almanzo!
We read one of the LH books each month, and will read some other related books 
for the months of October, November, and December to round out the year. 
I have also joined a recently-founded Social Justice Book Club and have already read 
two remarkably thought-provoking and well-written books:
Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson and 
by Laura Tillman. 
(I have yet to distill my thoughts about Just Mercy to post a review, there is so much to say!)
The next book is The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander. 
has created a reading and discussion schedule for this next one throughout August. 

6. Remind us where to find you online this weekend.

Twitter--@BooknMusicLvr

Reading times as of 3:14PM on Saturday, July 23rd

Saturday, June 23rd:

12:12-12:25AM Pages 178-185 in Susan Juby's Home to Woefield
          I had committed to reading this book for the 20 Books of Summer challenge and thought I would have completed reading it earlier this week, but that didn't happen, so I read for a few minutes very early this morning before going to bed, and then...

10:30AM-1:05PM Pages 185-306. I finished Susan Juby's Home to Woefield. Yay! Done! :)

1:10-3:14PM Created 24in48 Update #1 blog post! 


Although I have yet to get into Middlemarch, life calls and I must take a break.

How are you progressing with 24in48? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment